In this episode, I’m talking about the types of questions our students ask in the classroom, and how we can encourage them to ask better, deeper, more probing questions. These types of questions are often open-ended in nature and encourage our kids to experiment, create things, break things open, and ask still more questions. Examples might be:
- What if we had a serious earthquake here?
- Why do people bully one another?
- Can we make the traffic pattern around our school safer and more efficient?
- Could we make our classroom warmer without using more electricity?
- How does my phone send text messages?
- Could I make my own device to send messages?
As always, I look forward to your responses (even the ones that disagree!).