Paul Wood at What is Your IT Vision tagged me with the “7 things you did not know about me” meme. I must say, I’m not that complex a person, but I’ll give it a go.
- My favorite leisure activity is bass fishing, but more specifically, bass fishing from a float tube. If you’re not familiar with the concept, it involves sitting in an inflatable craft with a seat, storage pockets, and not much else. I have customized mine a little by adding an electronic fish finder (gotta have technology!). The biggest bass I’ve caught while floattubing is over 9 pounds.
- When I started college, I planned to become a lawyer. I have been accused of enjoying a good argument, so it was a natural fit. However, I realized somewhere during my sophomore year that law wasn’t a field I really cared about, so here I am!
- As a high school student, I amassed over 1,500 hours of volunteer service, primarily traveling around in the summers to various camps, teaching campcraft skills, archery, riflery, leading campfire services, etc. It did pay off in some good scholarship money in the end.
- My dream vacation is fishing/exploring in the Amazon. I can’t imagine a more wild, exciting place exists on earth!
- I really enjoy karaoke singing, probably a lot more than those who get to hear it. My favorite songs to sing range from country (e.g. Friends in Low Places) to rock (Billy Idol’s White Wedding is a personal favorite–love to sing while snarling.) to folk (John Denver, in particular). I once had a little girl spot me in a hotel parking lot the morning after one such occasion and tell me, “Sir, I really liked your singing last night!” My first fan!
- I think grapes are the perfect food. Good for you, delicious, bite-size, not at all messy. I have stuffed over 30 grapes into my mouth at once, just to entertain my wife (She was quite amused.).
- I have been active in, of all things, the single parent ministry at our church for the past few years. I have taught computer classes to single moms, which has been one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had, and now serve on a grant board with my wife. We select single mothers to receive grants that pay for school and living expenses, allowing them to go back to school to earn degrees and better their lives. I would have never thought I’d end up working in this area of ministry, but God is full of surprises!
Alright, I’ve done my part, so now I have earned the right to put someone else through this! To the following, consider yourself “tagged”!
- Dwight Goodwin
- Fred Delventhal
- Cheryl McKnight
- Greg Bicknell
- Greg Farr
- Angie Bicknell
- Shannon Houston
(Note: You could choose to ignore this, but you will incur many years of bad luck and solicitations from Nigerian banks!)